Thursday, May 31, 2018

An open letter to the gods of today.

     Gods don't change they want emotion, anger, and sacrifice. It's how they live if no one is upset they fade away. The gods of today are no different. The gods of the tv, internet and cell phone want emotion because the more attention that they get the more alive they are and the less we are. If you think they are not gods you are missing how much time we give them how much energy flows their way. I refuse to let them win. I may spend a lot of time with them but they are my tools and I am not theirs. I am stronger than they are.
       Every time I join their circle, I am tempted. Someone is not just wrong but so WRONG they might hurt someone with their insensitivity. Someone is attacking someone else, isn't it my job to stand up for them? My job is to protect those who are weaker than I, isn't it? I DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU SAID! I CAN PROVE YOU ARE WRONG! I am stronger than that. People can be wrong. I am sometimes wrong. My sources are not always thorough and may be biased. I don't have to change the way I think because you gave me new information. Actually, I am not likely to, but neither are you when I share my opinion. Instead, we sit here yelling at each other when no one is listening. And the gods eat. It would be better if we try to find a different point of view even if we don't agree with it, just to see where it comes from, how it feels. If you can't don't forget that other viewpoint still has blood flowing through their heart and they often want the same humanity that you do they just see a different path to find it. I will not yell. I will not unfriend. I also will not be silent. I am human I have thoughts and opinions and I choose the tools with which I get to share them, for I too see a path to humanity but it has very little bloodshed and we all don't have to agree there. I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment