Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Election night

      It is about 10:00 on election night and I confess I am surprised by the results reported. It looks like Donald Trump will be our new president. I generally vote democrat but I like to think I vote issues over party every time. I am not a fan of Hillary and I did not vote. Before you tell me that I can not complain, I am overly positive that my area's electoral voters would not be influenced by my vote. I should have voted for locals but I generally dislike politics and the general election made me so ill that I had no desire to follow the local stuff. So if you have something that didn't get voted by one then you can blame me.
      I am comforted by a few facts. There was a very large voter turnout. This means that a larger number of people than normal care and voted what they believe to be right.If so many people care today they will also speak up when things go wrong. Also, no government is run by one individual. I fear one man doing the wrong thing and saying screw all of his advisers. One man rarely gets that opportunity.
    My hope is that with such a close election and the thought that more votes are negative than positive (voting to keep out of office instead of into) there will be more listening to counterpoints. I also hopee that Trump will rely upon those with more experience.
      America made a choice, there can be no doubt. I am standing behind it if somewhat skeptically.

No comments:

Post a Comment