Friday, November 11, 2016

Why I don't worry

     We have a new president, and even though it has only been a few days since it was declared many people are seeing doom and gloom in every shadow. I can understand. This is a candidate who has said and done hurtful things without any seeming regard  for people's feelings. He seems to be closed minded when presented with opposition. I worry about his seeming lack of compassion. His values don't seem to align with mine on too many points. He is not the candidate which I would have chosen. However, I'm not sure how much more Hillary would have appreciated my viewpoint. I can understand why there was a push against Hillary. Trump spoke to an audience that Hillary spoke at. While Trump never experienced many plights of the average person, but he at least was believable when he claimed to understand them. Hillary seemed to be the sort that only noticed those that were in her way.
     Trump is frightening to me for many reasons, but I have faith. I have faith in the American people. It doesn't matter much who you voted for what matters is that you are willing to voice your heart.  I know that the rate of violent crime in the united states continues to drop yearly in spite of what we see on the news. There seems to be more outcry against injustice every year, not necessarily because the injustices are increasing, but because the voices have found support and understanding. As a member of society, our role never changes. We are to support those in power but also to listen to each other and to speak for those who can't or won't. There is an ever increasing audience for every person who needs to be heard whether they whisper or yell. Rulers have never found it wise not to listen to their constituents. Today is no different. I hope President-elect Trump will find a way to combine his agendas with those of his people because I do not believe one person can reverse the progress that we have made a consistency in America, no matter what their title is.

No comments:

Post a Comment