Saturday, May 7, 2016

OJT

     I got the best concern form (inmate correspondence) from an inmate today. He was waiting for me too bring him his book and handed it to me. It said, "If I would be allowed to borrow the latest George RR Martin book 'Dance with Dragons' I know when I get out I will have the strength never to do drugs again and I won't come back to prison. "
   I of course, countered his argument with it is readily available out on the streets, giving you more reason to stay out. It made my day, and I have shared it repeatedly. The book is too popular to send it down to close custody where it would most likely disappear. He was well aware that he wasn't getting the book, but thought he'd at least appeal to my sense of humor.Maybe you need to be in corrections to understand this, but this is where my sense of humor now resides.

No comments:

Post a Comment