Tuesday, May 17, 2016

My superpower


I’ve thought about which superpower I would like to have, and of the myriad choices available I have rejected them all and created a new one. I wish to have the power of possession. I guess this is a demonic superpower, but I am sure that is because a few unfortunate souls were confused and misdirected in their usage of it. I would only use my superpower for the good of others. I mean, think of it you could take possession of anyone at any time. I think it should only be for three minutes. You might each other’s conscious if it were too long.  To be a true superhero I would make one of my first acts to have a certain presidential candidate resign at their next press conference. I am well aware that I do not have a wealth of knowledge from which to rule the world, but give me some time and I know that I could improve things in three minute increments. Maybe I could help out adjusting the attitudes of a few people in the middle east. I mean, three minutes of someone else’s viewpoint can change someone’s life. My own life is pretty good on it’s own, but I might have to possess the person who writes my paycheck for a few minutes every few weeks. I would like to have a few minutes in the mind of some really great people. What would it be like to visit the mind of Neil deGrasse Tyson? Of course we would have to pick a moment when he was alone because I’d probably tell a fart joke in those three minutes and Mr. Tyson’s reputation would be forever ruined. I’d like to travel through the mind of the Dalai Lama and see if the peace reflected on the outside runs through to the soul. Of course if my power is possession, do I need to have a corporeal body? Would it be possible to travel through the fourth dimension - time? I think it would be much better to meet Albert Einstein as Charlie Chaplin, then as Sandy Riggs. I could meet Tesla as Mark Twain and then meet Twain as Tesla. I could sit down as Hitler’s mom and have a good talk about peace and love, and if that didn’t work maybe he would have tried to escape prison the first time that he was sentenced. Maybe I could possess animals too? Edi Amin could have had an encounter with a hippo and Pol Pot could have ran into one of Cambodia’s venomous snakes. I’ve never wanted to live forever. I think eternal life is the dream of the dull, but can you imagine life divided into three minute segments in the body of whoever you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment