Friday, May 6, 2016

Love is...

 
     I remember these posters that would say, Love is.... a kiss in the rain, a rainbow on a rainy day, a dog's wet nose, and so on. Love is so many things. Love is undefinate. it is no one thing. To me love is everything, but love is also individual and personal and our definition of love changes with time. We change too so this should be expected but I think sometimes we wake up and realize our thoughts and desires aren't what they used to be.
Teenage girls see relationships the way they see their reflection in chrome bumpers. I'm there reflected and shiny. Does everyone else see the beauty that I do? I am somewhat distorted but it's okay. Isn't it? Does this make me look better? Does he see me this way? If I could just make myself look the way he wants we could be happy forever. I would be want he wants. I could feel new forever if he would just love me.
Sometimes we start to define our selves by someone else's reflection. We are lucky to grow with someone and we find ourselves as part of a team. I am an individual and I am learning to stand on my own, but together we make a great team. We will grow together and be one solid structure. He is good to me. He helps me get to where I want to be. I wonder if this can last forever.
I think the lucky ones are the ones who hold their own mirror. I am solid, and I stand alone. I don't need a reflection of who I am. I have been forced to find my faults and while I am not always proud of what I find, but there is no doubt of who I am. What I want is a friend with whom I can share. I hope this lasts forever but I know I am still strong and I know that life changes

No comments:

Post a Comment