Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Paranormal?

It wasn’t that long ago that society was enchanted with children witches and wizards battling evil in a world of oblivious muggles. Then, we moved onto werewolves and vampires, who were interested in improving the lives of us mere mortals. Now we have zombies apocalypses invading our society killing off those who still reportedly have their brains intact. I can’t help but wonder what will be next in our thirst for the extraordinary. Will Brownies make a comeback? I think I have heard that they were helpful, but their cost was pretty high. They’ve been known to trade out children with evil spirits. Wait, maybe they’ve been here already!
What about paranormal relationship. I mean these days we’ve totally redefined the word “relationship,” right? I mean we aren’t willing to take away all boundaries but we have redrawn a few lines, maybe we should me more tolerant of the paranormal. I mean paranormal is simply “beside normal.” Therefore normals should be able to have relationships with those next to them right?

Take the Twilight stories. There was a vampire who was in love with a mortal. I have a hard time with this concept. I mean vampires are rejuvenated by human blood. They get to stay young forever. What could they possibly want from a human. If you transform her into a vampire you could be stuck with them for an eternity. I mean does anyone really want that? It’s something that gets said at weddings but do we really mean eternity? In the US the average marriage only lasts 8.2 years. Eternity is considerably longer, I think. Maybe mortality is a kick for vampires. “Hey, Drac, I got this chic and everytime I take a sip she just about stops breathing, but I stop and she’s out for days! To the brink, man, to the brink!” When you can live forever, talk to animals, and have heightened senses is getting a girl to pass out that exciting?  The other major character was a werewolf who was also interested in a human girl. Now, werewolves are usually considered a victim of circumstances. They have no control over their changes, but that would make you think that they might have more problems than getting a girl. Maybe not everyone is old enough to remember Teen Wolf, but he had problems with teachers and bullies and other stuff. I would think that you might want to date the rancher’s daughter or something, maybe a sheep or chicken farmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment