Thursday, May 19, 2016

True meanderings

    I have started this blog with a few simple ideas. The first was that I really enjoyed free writing in my

writing class and I would like to continue. With that in mind, how do you get better if you are just writing in a

notebook and no one else sees it? I got some encouragement in college, and I lead a creative writing

workshop at work, and I tell them that you only get better with practice. I feel it necessary to practice what

I preach. There are a few difficulties. Like feeling like I am still talking to myself because I get very little

feedback and wondering if there are more than family that are reading  these crazy ramblings. I also wonder

if I am getting better by simply forcing myself to put words on a page. It may be better to write. fix, review

and then post. I am getting better at rambling on the page but I don't think that was ever a problem.

      I had in mind a book ramble for this evening, but I think I have rambled enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment