Monday, May 9, 2016

Life inside

Have you forgotten me?
I am still here. Your world is full of people who are constantly on the move. My world is full of people who travel through it, but we are all spinning, mostly out of control. We just happen to bump into each other on this journey through the system. We claim lifelong friendship, but we know that when the tornado spins us apart it is likely that we will never meet again. People on the inside are never as important as those outside of these walls. The most significant thing about these walls are the people they keep me from.
This place is the only home that I know anymore. I know that there is a world out there. I can see it on the tv, but it seems so far away. It's almost like a fairy tale. It has so many great and new things that I almost can’t believe that they exist. I value the 6 inch view outside of my window so much that I stare and I count everything that I see. I number the plants, and the rocks and the ground squirrels and I wait for them to change. Very little changes here. We thrive on routine. My world is small and simple but it is what I have.

Your world is full of new things, and yet you complain that there is too much to do. My world is full of mind-numbing routine. I hope your world continues to grow and expand. My world is here inside of these four walls, forever more. I wish that you hadn’t forgotten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment